Thursday, June 30, 2011

Carolyn Braden says "Yummy Black Bottom Muffin/Cupcake Recipe"

Here's a great dessert/muffin recipe I just tried. It's from Woman's Day magazine. If I made these again, I may try using a brownie base under the cheesecake layer. The cake part was really good, but I love brownies and by adding a brownie base, it would make these more of a dessert.

1 8-oz pkg cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat Philly)
1 large egg
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1 cup mini-chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup canola oil (I only had vegetable oil and it worked just fine as a substitute)
1 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line mini-muffin tins with paper liners. (I also sprayed the liners with Baker's cooking spray).
Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, egg, 1/3 cup of the sugar and 1/4 tsp of the salt in a large bowl until creamy; stir in the chocolate chips.

In a second large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, remaining cup of sugar, and 1/2 tsp salt. Add the oil, vinegar, vanilla, and 1 cup water, and mix until fully incorporated.

Spoon enough of the chocolate batter into each cup so that they are filled halfway (about 2 tsp each). Top each with a rounded tsp of the cream cheese mixture, gently spreading it over the chocolate layer.

Bake until the cupcakes are puffed and barely golden, 15-20 minutes.










- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment