Sunday, August 11, 2013

Summer Vegetable Curry #Organic and #GMO Free

I found a recipe for Summer Vegetable Curry on this site: 
http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/summer-vegetable-curry-recipe.html

I changed it up a little to make it a little easier to make. 

I added 4 tablespoons of coconut milk (the thick part at the top of the can) with 2.5 tablespoons of curry paste
and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt to a large pan. I brought it to a simmer on medium heat. I added 2 chopped green
onions once it was simmering. 
I cut about 6 small purple potatoes into small chunks and the rest of the can of coconut milk and let it all 
simmer on medium, covered, for 10 minutes. 
While that cooked, I cut 3 stalks of broccoli into florets and about 6 oz. of firm tofu. I added them to the potato
mixture after the first 10 minutes. I added about 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
and 1/2 teaspoon fresh cilantro. I allowed everything to simmer on medium heat for about 5-10 more minutes. 

You can add any vegetable to this dish and add more or less curry and salt. Just taste as you go to make sure
you have it the way you want it. This was enough for 3 people to have a good sized meal. You can try serving
it over cooked quinoa so it will serve more.

Eating right can taste great! Just do a little experimenting and you can make delicious meals that are healthy for
your family every night of the week.            


No comments:

Post a Comment