Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Carolyn Braden's EASY Corn Spoonbread Recipe

Here's a very easy recipe given to me by my Grandmother.  We used to all pitch in a make a dish to bring to her fabulous Christmas dinner.  I received the Corn Spoonbread recipe and I am so glad because I love it!  I hope you will try it and love it too!


One 8 1/2 oz. package Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
One 8 oz. can Cream Style Corn
One 8 oz. can Whole Kernal Corn (drained!)
One 8 oz. container of sour cream
1/2 cup melted butter 
2 large eggs


Stir together all ingredients in a large bowl.  Pour into a greased 11x7 inch baking dish.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until golden brown.  


One year I forgot to buy sour cream, so I used 8 oz. of Whipped Cream Cheese (had it, luckily, on hand!) instead.  It still tasted the same.  I also always try to use low fat or fat free sour cream.  I don't taste the difference between using regular instead of the low fat or fat free.  

No comments:

Post a Comment