Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Carolyn Braden's Potato and Cheese Breakfast/Brunch Casserole Recipe

This is a great recipe from my awesome Betty Crocker app on my iPhone.  It's a great app.  I can be shopping at the grocery store and just refer to the recipe on my phone to make sure I get all the right ingredients. You can even store your favorite recipes you've found on the app so whenever you open it up, you can see the great things you can make and love!  I changed a couple of the steps to make it easier.


1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1 bag (9 oz) Green Giant frozen roasted potatoes with garlic and herb sauce
4 eggs
1/3 cup milk
8 slices precooked bacon, cut into inch pieces (I always precook turkey bacon when I make this).
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (6 oz.)
Salt and pepper, if desired
1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, if desired


Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 13x9 inch pan with cooking spray.  Unroll dough in pan; press in bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form a crust; press perforations to seal.  Bake for 5 minutes.


Meanwhile, cook the bag of the potatoes according to the package directions.  Cut some of the potatoes into smaller pieces if desired. 


In medium bowl, beat the eggs.  Stir in milk, bacon, 1 cup of the cheese, potatoes and sauce (garlic and herb sauce from the potatoes), salt and pepper (if desired).


Spoon potato mixture evenly over crust.  Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese and the parsley (if desired) over the top.


Bake 20-25 minutes or until set and edges are golden brown.  To serve, cut into squares.






I love this Betty Crocker Cookbook I received as a wedding gift from my sister-in-law.  It tells you everything you need to know about cooking and baking basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment