Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Carolyn Braden says "The Easiest Chicken and Dumplins!"

Here's what I made for dinner tonight:  Chicken and Dumplins!
Easy, easy, easy!  I always wanted to figure out how to make it more simpler for me to make, and I succeeded!  
See me make it on YouTube here:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX3htxfjVW0

1 can (10 oz.) cream of chicken soup  (I used Cambell's Healthy Request)
1 can (14 oz) chicken broth (I used Swanson's Low Sodium)
2 med. size carrots, peeled and chopped
6 stalks of asparagus, chopped (cut ends off)  If you don't like asparagus, try using celery instead
1 can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (I used Pillsbury)
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded 
1 stalk of fresh thyme (I like the taste of thyme.  You do not have to add this if you don't want to though).
salt and pepper to taste


Combine the cream of chicken soup, the chicken broth, thyme, and the chicken.  Bring it to a boil on high.  (about 5 minutes and stir consistently).  While this is cooking, flatten the biscuits on a lightly floured surface.  Then cut them into 1 inch strips.  When mixture on stove is boiling, add the carrots, asparagus, and then add the strips of biscuits one at a time.  (I used almost the whole package of biscuits because we love dumplins.  I left about 3 in the package, unused). Put the mixture on low, cover, and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.  Serve and enjoy!  Use salt and pepper to taste. This will serve 4 people.  Serve a salad on the side if you wish.   Photo by Carolyn Braden

No comments:

Post a Comment