Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Carolyn Braden Says "The Perfect Fourth of July Drink"

 
Photo by Carolyn Braden
Here is one of the festive drinks I made for my Fourth of July Celebration this year.  It's from Southern Living Magazine and really easy!  It's Frozen Blue Margaritas!  Here's the recipe: 

1 6 oz. can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
3/4 cup of tequila
1/4 cup blue curacao liqueur

Combine all ingredients in a blender.  Fill with ice to 5-cup level and process until mixture is smooth.  Serve immediately.

I went one step further to make them festive.  I rubbed a lime around the rim of the glass and coated it with red sugar sprinkles.  I also put the glasses in the freezer about 1 hour prior to serving the drinks to keep them extra cold for the frozen slushy mixture.  It was so yummy!  The perfect combination of sweet and sour! 

Margarita Jelly Belly's are yummy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment