Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Carolyn Braden Says "Yummy Summer Salad That's Pretty Too!"

 
Photo by Carolyn Braden

Here's a yummy salad that I'm sure many of you have had before.  I love Caprese Salad and made it for my Fourth of July Celebration. I just wanted to make it prettier than I have in the past and easier to serve.  I cut wooden skewers down to about 7 inches long and alternated putting fresh mozzarella cheese circular slices (I used ciliegine mozzarella) with fresh vine tomato chunks. I chopped up fresh basil and put it onto a plate first, following with the skewer with the cheese and tomatoes on top.  I drizzled balsamic vinegar and olive oil on top and served it on festive plates. The guests just took their fork and slid the salad off the skewer and ate them all up!  So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment